Monday, February 09, 2009

i-power


i know the i-power 12" used to be much talked about during the last few months. plenty of bloggers already posted rips on their pages, but not much more. so if you are open minded and want to know more about the crew then read on– cause i still try to serve some background info on artists other than just being a free mp3 site without any content. i hope most of you guys read the whole thing.



here's the I-POWER story dj mo'funk wrote down for ya'll:

"I-Power is a hip hop crew from Westbury, New York. Crew members are P.S. a.k.a. Pure Sound a.k.a. Da Supervisor, Allceein a.k.a. All a.k.a. Solutions, and Melodious Fonk a.k.a. Mo'Funk aka Modini. We are friends who grew up on hip hop in the 80's. All of us used to break-dance and draw graffiti back then. Anyway, I guess our major influence was being in New York. New York City in the 80’s was crazy. Hip Hop was everywhere. We used to take the bus to Jamaica Avenue in Queens to buy records and sneakers etc. In Queens..."





besides the rips of the i-power and jaywalk twelve inches i'm honored to offer some exclusive joints from the i-power fame to my readers! big shout out to my man mo'funk, the whole i-power crew and my middleman handjob!

and now please bomb the comments section!


I-POWER - RARE & UNRELEASED 94-98

I-Power-Rock Da Spot 1994
I-Power-Live at WBAU NY 1995
I-Power-Wages Of Sin 1995
I-Power-Whatever It Takes 1995
I-Power-Moves With Precision 1997
I-Power-True 1997
L.I.F.E.Force-Force 4 Life 1998
L.I.F.E.Force-Integral Parts 1998




JAYWALK 12" '96

1. OOH YEA CHECK IT OUT Y'ALL



I-POWER 12" '97

1. UNDER DA SUN
2. THE BREAKTHROUGH
3. THE MADNESS







enjoy!

pz,
akutt

17 comments:

Jaz said...

Thanks AG, it's always dope to know the history of artists, thanks for the background info and the downloads, much appreciated.

dochiphop said...

big props for this post. The big write up and history on the crew is nice. The tunes are dope. Can't wait to see what I-power puts out in the future!!

Hawkone said...

Ohhhh shit...you are the man with this post right here! i read about dat unreleased stuff for a while and i heard the "Moves with Precision" track on Mo funks myspace site...now i finally got it....thx again again and again, peace!

K-Funk said...

HUGE PROPS!!!

qnzgrimiest said...

im glad that i read that story, it really opened my eyes, i think you should do that more often, im glad they got into details in what equipment was used, for some reason, it interest me, especially when they said they used the mpc 3000, makes me want to get one, and good post, those songs are official, keep up the good work

Esteban said...

Word. Thanks A lot for this AG. Mad Props.

HIGHTOWER said...

Yo, dope comment 'bout the CV of I-Power. I appreciate! My homie got the unda da sun too. lovely ish!!!Keep da real stuff unda da sun..Word! Straight outta BNC

S.w.C said...

ahahha chanmé THX
t'a voler la tape a HanDJob?

I-POWER INVASION

Peace

Sach.

BYL said...

sick post man... i remember reading the i-power story a while ago on VA. when i heard about the unreleased tracks i got reallll curious. only a couple of em got passed to me soo im realllly stoked to check em all out.
that jay walk 12" is real ill too,im glad to have a copy. thanks a ton for this post brotha.

peace!

kayn said...

You're the man for this post. I'm a believe the hype this time, great artist!

Stieflkater said...

"Under Da Sun" , "Wages Of Sin" and "True" are banging. Some of the rest is kinda weak to me.


pz

Marcus Clay said...

Merci encore pour ces raretés.
Ton blog est merveilleux!
AG's here to rescue hip hop !

I am still diggin youyr post of Sandman & Dirtman. So huge.

Do you know Damu the Fudgemunk ? He's the one releasing dope classic heavy beats.
You may know him but here is his blog : http://wonkabeats.blogspot.com/

Peace

Crates of AG said...

thanks for the great response fam! i'm glad y'all like it!

and marcus, fudgemunk is dope!

pz,
al

Anonymous said...

haha...
i have i vinyl of a german rap group
who used the same sample for
"integral parts" ;)

Anonymous said...

this blog has been consistently dope since the beginning. thanks for sharing so much good music!

knowledge said...

what Jaz said

Linamorganfreeman said...

one of the best blogs ever.
thanks for the whole history.